Thursday, October 9, 2014

Chase your tale 5k

Chase your tale 5k

2nd Place  (lost to Olympian Josh McAdams)  TIME: ??? 16 some thing

This is probably in my top 3 road races.  I really love the concept of helping the library, giving away kindles and giving books for prizes. I was a little late to the victroy table this year an didn't see as many cool books as they had last year.

I really hope that this road race continues in the future.  With an increase of sponsors and more runners this could become a really awesome event.
in terms of the course. The times were really slow which indicates a long course, It has a sharp 360 turn in it which should be taken out.  But other than that the course is nice and flat.

So as far as the race goes, those who know me know that it is hard to make road racing profitable so whenever you go to a race there is some risk that you may not get your money back. I felt OK about pre-registering for this one--(something I don't often do so I can check out my competition on race day an see whether I want to register or not.

Well I show up to the race and find that Josh McAdams an olympian and US Champion is there.  Why? Why you might ask would this running spectacle who is built as if he fell straigh of the slopes of mt olympus, why was he there.
The answer is simple to take away my kindle thats why.  Road racing, and really running in most cases is a winner take all sport, so in this case McAdams the better man in almost every regards took it all and I was left with the 2nd place shaft  meaning nothing except for a cool book.

Well that s about it. I encourage anyone who like running to do this road race in the future.

No comments: