Monday, October 27, 2014

Howloween Half-Melody

I originally registered for the 5k but when the race director gave me a deal I couldn't refuse I switched to the half.  I had zero goals because my endurance is pretty sub par these days.  I also had been traveling and just flew back that morning.  Late nights, lots of eating out and minimal running doesn't really add up to great pre race circumstances.  Enough with the excuses- on to the race.  It started at 6pm and I ran with my knuckle lights for about half the race.  It was so dark!  The course started at Provo Town Center and looped out by Utah Lake.  I enjoyed the first 7 miles of the course, but then it got really really dark and they had us run on the right hand side of the road.  I prefer to see cars coming at me.  This coupled with a few very mean dogs (chained up- luckily) had me a little scared.  I ran alone for 11 of the 13 miles so I was happy with the tempo effort.  I came in 1st for women and fellow sojourners Sara and Jen (a pacer) came in 2nd and 3rd. I don't know if I'll do another night race any time soon, but it was nice to change things up a bit.

No comments: