Saturday, August 1, 2015

Cooper's Run

1st place
18:20 (measured 3.2)

This race was an hour after the first one ended.  I hopped in my car, are part of a banana, drank some water and drove back down to Orem.  This is a great local 5k that a friend of mine puts on in honor of her son that passed away a few years ago.  

The course is also a flat loop and it goes right by my house, so it's familiar territory.  A guy lined up with me at the start and I noticed his racing flats.  That's a dead giveaway that you're gunning for a fast time.  I asked him if he was going to break 16...he just laughed.  He and one other guy took off at the start.  It took me about a half mile to catch and pass one of them, but Mr. Racing Flats was way out in front.  I was definitely feeling the earlier 5k but I tried to dig deep and PR on this course.  My splits stayed in the low to mid 5:40 range throughout the course.  It always measures long on my watch too- 3.2. I came across in 18:20, but I think it converts to a 17:48 or so.  I'm pretty happy with that.

No comments: