Monday, July 28, 2014

Speedy Spaniard 2014

Over the holiday I was able to participate in Spanish Fork’s Speedy Spaniard 10k for my 4th time. This is always a fun course to run since it was my first race ever. It is also fun to see so many friends participating. Knowing that I’m in better shape this year compared to last I was really hoping to crush last year’s time. I think this race taught me that marathon training really hurts when it comes to the shorter races. The extremely warm temperature and head wind at the back end of the race were unfavorable but the overcast was nice. I started off feeling pretty good but by mile 4 I was just so hot. I need to practice running in the heat more! For the last few days I thought I did worse this year compared to last year and have been a little disappointed, but I just looked it up and I beat it by 25 seconds! All in all it was a fun experience and I was able to finish 3rd.

No comments: