Monday, August 4, 2014

Forever Strong 5k- Melody

This was a great race that the family of Brandon Curtis puts on in his memory.  He passed away 4 years ago at Springville High School.  It had a neat atmosphere with a good mix of young and old.  Three people that received his organs were there and spoke.  It was very moving.

The course was tough with a pretty good climb in the first mile, but rewarding with some nice downhills and finished on the track.  I didn't go into the race with a plan or goal so I took it easier than usual in the first half of the race.  I moved up th 4th by the last mile and was pushed to my first sub-6 mile in a 5k since last year with the help of a guy that obviously did not want to be chicked.  It was nice to negative split a 5k for once.  I came in 1st place for women.

No comments: