Monday, September 29, 2014

Chase Your Tale - Melody

Chase Your Tale 5k

It's not often you get to run with a former All American and Olympian.  It's even more rare that one shows up to a small hometown race to support the local library.

Josh McAdams joined myself and Derick M. on a rainy Saturday morning.  It was pouring when I got to the packet pick up, but luckily it tapered off and didn't rain at all during the race.  

Josh, Derick and one other guy took off from the start and I ran with Bill H. on my tail for most of the race.  It was a flat course around the neighborhoods of Orem.  There was a slight wind coming from the East but I don't think it affected me too much.  I held a pretty even pace throughout the race, but got pretty tired at the turnaround just after the second mile.  I gutted it out because that's just what you do in 5ks - right?

I took first for women and Derick took second for the men.  

No comments: