Monday, September 15, 2014

Ripreza Run- Melody

I set a goal a couple months ago to break 19 minutes in a 5k and thought this race might be a good opportunity.  It starts out with a nice downhill down the canyon then climbs about 1/3 of a mile up 800N then loops out and back around Palisade Drive. 

They bused us up to Timp Park but we only got there about 20 min before the race start so I only warmed up a mile.  The weather was perfect.  

 The first 1/2 mile I had to dial it back a bit because of the downhill.  I was in second overall and while I wanted to keep the leader in sight I didn't want to crash and burn.  My first mile was still the fastest mile I've clocked post baby.  There was a nice tail wind blowing to the west that helped propel me up the 800N hill.  I felt great and on track for a good time at the halfway mark.  The last .75 proved to be a bit brutal as it was ever so slightly uphill and the crosswind was getting to me.  I pushed through the best I could and came through at 18:15, the first overall woman.

No comments: