Monday, September 15, 2014

Ripreza Run for Recovery

I thought the course was great and the event was very well organized.  They have busing, a great raffle, a bounce house, and good prizes for the winners.  All they need now is some more participants.  There were only just over 100 runners in the 5k and less than half that in the 10k.  I went out feeling great for the first couple miles.  The third mile was slight uphill and against the wind which did take a toll.  This is also when I reminded myself that I might not want to push myself too hard because of my plans to race that evening.  I tried pushing myself anyway, but I think I suffered a minor mental defeat.

My time was slower than I thought it would be, and Melody, who probably makes all post-pregnant women feel bad about themselves, was pretty close behind me.

Place overall: 1st
Time: 17:06

No comments: