Monday, March 9, 2015

Rex Lee Run - Dave Taylor

PR! Yeah! I started off hoping my first mile is free superpower would get me to the top of the hill, and even though I was starting to feel it by halfway I just went right up and was still with the lead pack at the top! All right. Time to crush the downhill. I couldn't believe I was still with Jason on the way down but he and the others began to gradually pull away. The 10K leaders were out front already so it was hard to figure out what place I was but at a sub 5 pace I was blowing by them handily. Even with the big uphill I ended up with a 5:25 mile 1,killer! I think I have a PR in my sights. Mile 2 ends at the very bottom but there was a lot of flat in it, still I ended with a 5:29 which is monster for a second mile. Mile 3 is all gradual uphill and I still got a 5:59! There was only one guy with me during that mile and he gradually passed me but we did a great job of pushing each other. I thought I was going to catch him on the track but he put in the last push with me and we both flew through well under 17. I thought I had broken my 5k record by 40 seconds but since it was short the equivalence is 17:28, still a PR by 4 seconds! I think this could be a great season. I did a 5+ mile run with Toni, Jason, and Robert after, then another few miles around the track and by my house.

No comments: