Sunday, March 8, 2015

Rex Lee Run

This course was identical to the Cougar Run that I did in the fall. The only difference was that the course seemed to start about 100 meters forward, which I'm thinking gave me about a 20 second advantage. It was strange how similar the race felt. I took the first 3/4 mile easy because it was all uphill. I tried to let gravity bring me down 9th east and I swear I passed up Jason Thompson in the same spot as I did in the Cougar Run. The only difference was he stayed close on my tail the rest of the race. The second half of the race I ran next to the same kid I was with for much of the Cougar Run. I remember him because he runs in basketball shorts with garments, and I thought it would be embarrassing to lose to him. I beat him a little easier last time, but this time he put a surge in with 300 to go and I didn't have it in me to match it. Luckily he bonked the last 150 meters and I had a bit of a kick. Jason and another guy came within 10 seconds after.

Overall Place: 3rd (the results say second because someone wasn't registered).
Time: 15:59 (Cool to see, but the course was .1 miles short).


No comments: