Monday, April 20, 2015

PG 5k - Melody

I jumped in a small 5k on Saturday while everyone else was tearing it up in Salt Lake.  I did this one a couple years ago when I felt like I was in pretty good shape, so I was curious how my time would compare.  I ran a warm up at the finish line bc it's pretty hilly at the start. The race is pretty aided (think running of the leopards) but there were couple small uphill parts and some flat sections that forced me to come off auto pilot.  No one was around me so I really did have to race the clock on this one.  Each mile split was about 5 sec off my time from before but somehow I finished only 1 second off my time.  They did an interesting mass chip start where the clock started for everyone when the gun went off.  They did change the course slightly so maybe it was shorter- or I ran the tangents better.  But even if I was 15 sec off my time I was pretty happy with it.   16:30.5 (remember it's aided :), 1st overall  

1 comment:

Sojourners Racing Team said...

Haha, love this recap, Melody! So funny how you keep adding in that it's aided like you're not that fast or something, cause you totally are! Fun review! -Amber