Monday, April 20, 2015

Salt Lake City Half Marathon - Kassi

Kassi Harmon
1st Female
1:19:05

Happy to get back out and compete after my second baby.  Warmed up from my home to the start of the race and met everyone at the starting line.  There was about five women in the elite field.  I decided to let whomever take it out and set the pace and see how it felt.  The pace started out strong and I took a couple miles to get up with the leaders.  From then on it was me and Rachel running together.  The course got tougher with some up hills after the first 5 miles.  The course flattened around 10 miles and I took the lead.  I had to really fight to keep pushing and managed to finish first by 14 seconds, with third place 6 seconds behind her.  It was such a relief to finish!  I enjoyed being able to push through with someone by my side.  I measured to course long at 13.23 miles but still happy with my time.  
Fun to see a fellow BYU runner, Nicki, debut in the marathon and win!  And then of course a fellow Sojourner, Mike, win the marathon!! Great day!

T

No comments: