Monday, June 15, 2015

Utah Valley Half - Emily

Time: 1:22.35
Overall Place: 5th
Age Group: 1st

Utah Valley was a blast!  It was gorgeous, and the canyon is beautiful.  I haven't ran a half (a race) for a year, so I wasn't sure what I quite was going to be able to do, and was planning on just discovering what I could do and have fun!

The first mile was good, a 6:09, but then I freaked out a little and did a 6:30, 6:45, and 6:30--which was stupid, and not necessary.  Then, I got my act together and went at a 6:10(ish) pace the rest of the way down.  My PR is 1:20.51, and I'd LOVE to break that sometime soon.  It didn't end up happening Saturday (wasn't really planning on it) but it will hopefully soon.  The end of the race was faster then the beginning, which is a good start.

I'm excited to see what I can do in a half as I get used to this whole road racing thing, but I'm loving it!  It's good to fall back in love with running again, and to get used to being comfortable with being uncomfortable.  Next time, I'm going to have a little more confidence in myself and my ability to run fast.  What's 13.1 miles anyways?




No comments: