Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Dave Taylor - Hobble Creek Half

I just couldn't shake the cold for this one. I hoped I might be able to get away with the fist mile 1 opening my lungs, and it did, exposing the next layer of wheeze. Even with a 4:47 mile 1 (4:58 on the watch) I still slowed rapidly, getting passed for the first time at mile 1.5. Lots of miles around 5:35, then at mile 6 my lungs started complaining louder, like a calliope that had been shot a few times, and I decided it would be better to jog it in. Especially after Curtis passed me doing my normal 5:45, while I was stuck at 6:15. I am glad I did, shortly after arrival at the finish line unspeakable things came out of my nose and lungs, and I felt much better. Now I am ready to set some records at the Run Elevated! 10th overall 1:16:36

Not bad for a cold, but not good either. I am resolved to make it up.

No comments: