Monday, August 17, 2015

Hobble Creek Half Marathon - Mike Nelson

Time: 1:09:10
Place: 1st overall

Another Hobble Creek Half in the books. I had an OK race. I warmed up 2 miles with Scott.

We took it out conservatively (for the grade). First 6 miles averaging around 5:10. The pace felt good on the legs but my cardio and breathing were way out of wack, felt like a 5k! Not sure what was going on.

I let Scott go after 7 and battled being out of breath the rest of the race. Weird! I didn't have anyone too close on my tail so once Scott got out of range I lost focus a little and slowed down. Last half average was probably closer to 5:30.

Hobble Creek Half is one of those "must do" races! Runner's Corner puts on a great event.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mike, did Scott bandit the race? Good job btw.