Sunday, August 16, 2015

Hobble Creek - Robert Finicum

It was cool to do finally do this race for the first time. As a kid camping out at Cherry campground this was the first half marathon I had ever witnessed. I love the course and the fact that it is put on by the glue of Utah Valley's running community.

By the time I finished passing Dave after the first mile, Scott and Mike had already built a pretty solid lead on me. Luckily Justin park came cruising in and I just tried to hang on to him which helped a ton. I'm a poor runner when I'm by myself but I can find another gear without trying harder when I run stride-for-stride with someone else. With four miles to go I could tell that Justin was struggling more than I was so I tried to put a gap between us, but it was always small and I could feel him breathing down my neck the rest of the way. Luckily he didn't pass me at the finish.

While I would love to break 1:10, I am happy with how I ran.

Overall Men's: 3rd
Time: 1:10:27


No comments: