Monday, September 21, 2015

Run for Recovery-Melody

Ripreza teamed up with the Cirque Lodge for their annual 5k/10k.  It was pretty windy which meant a headwind coming back towards the finish line.   I opted to run the 5k because I've been wanting a fast flat 5k...sadly this was not the week for it.

I warmed up from my house- which would have been ideal had they started on time.  They finally started the 10k 20 minutes late and it was only right before the horn blew that I thought to ask if it was a dual start.  The RD said no so I jumped out and five minutes later he sent the 5krs.  I felt pretty stiff but luckily we had a slight downhill with a tailwind to get me going.  I got to follow a bike pacer which was nice and I started catching the 10krs about 1/2 mile into the race.  The first 1.5 miles were awesome, but it went downhill from there.  Finishing uphill into the wind is brutal!  My watch said 17:45 but I have no idea how accurate that is because their clock was set to 10k time and I had some weird watch issues on the course.

I can't complain because for a free race it was well done without any frills.  It wasn't the PR I was gunning for but the effort was there.

17:45 1st overall 
They announced a combined field of 750 but I'm not sure how many raced the 5k

No comments: