Monday, September 7, 2015

TWolf Trot - Melody

 This is a XC style 3 mile race that helps fund the Timpanogos XC team.  I ran this a couple years ago and was curious how my time would compare.  I like this race because there are a lot of HS kids to pace with.  The start was a little intimidating for me- you line up on the grass and sprint out about 100M for your position before you round some vines around a grassy field.  I haven't done that type of a start since college XC- 14 years ago!  So like I said it was somewhat scary trying to maintain position and not get boxed in or cut off around the corners.  I was able to pace off of a couple guys for the first 1.5 miles then felt pretty good so I picked it up slightly the last half.  The end takes you around the same grassy field.  It was wet and I was wearing my flats so my feet got pretty wet at this point.  The best part of the race is that it finishes on the track.  A couple guys really did not want to be chicked so they really gave it their all in that last 100M.  I was happy with my effort and even felt like I had a bit more to give.  I think I was a little conservative on the grassy parts.  Kudos to Taylor for winning overall. 

17:02 1st for women 

No comments: