Monday, September 7, 2015

T-Wolf Trot 3 Mile- Taylor Farnsworth

     So a few nights ago I got a flyer on my door from a kid in my ward telling me about the T-wolf Trot 3 mile. I had already seen banners and such in the neighborhood and decided I wouldn't run it so that I could focus on the marathon workouts. But then I found out that my little entry fee would be supporting the said kid to go to Bob-Firman, Footlocker West, etc... and I just had to support with my measly 10 bucks. Having had the opportunity to do those races as a high school kid, I wanted to be a tiny part in contributing to these guys getting the same awesome experiences.
     Of course I wanted to win though... just as easy as possible. Saturdays' training run was 25 miles finishing off my highest mileage week EVER of 101 miles and tomorrow I have a big workout. So when I found out the high school kids were also running it, I had some second thoughts. (Their boys team is ranked 1st in the state and 15th in the nation!) Fortunately, they weren't racing all out- just getting a good workout in. I stayed behind a couple kids for the first half mile until I knew where we were going. After that I held a small lead through 2 miles. I didn't want a sprint at the end so I picked it up ever so slightly to see what the guy behind me would do. He didn't respond so I took it home easy. I think I ran pretty even splits of 5:30, finishing the 3 mile course in 16:33. I forgot my watch and haven't seen official results... but Melody got the course at 3.01m and I was told that was my time. The event was fun and well-coordinated. The course went through grass, neighborhoods, and the Timpanogos school campus... I quite liked it! I would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun 5k. Here's a pic of me and my son practicing our starts after the race.
1st place overall
3 miles- 16:33

No comments: