Monday, October 12, 2015

Breast Cancer 5k Melody

I ran this race a few years ago and wanted to see if I could beat my time.  It's a tricky course because of the higher altitude, gravel trail and icy bridges to cross.  It's also an out and back which kills your momentum when you make a 180 degree turn halfway through.  

There were a couple fast looking girls at the start but no one went out with me.  I actually hit pretty identical splits to what I ran 4 years ago.  I was really hoping to go under 18, but coming back in the last half I literally ran into the walkers and I had to stop at a couple points because they couldn't or wouldn't make room on the narrow path for me.  That was a little frustrating.  It was a good solo effort and I'n hoping for a couple more good 5ks before the year is over.

18:04, 1st overall 

No comments: