Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A PR! Tremonton Turkey Trot-Melody

This 5k is ideal for a PR- it's a flat loop course with only four turns. The problem is usually the weather.  November in northern Utah usually means cold, ice, snow and almost always wind.  Saturday was a perfect day.  Temps were in the low 30s but with the sun out it felt great.  

I went out with a pack of HS boys and settled into 4th place after 1/2 mile.  The lead pack of three boys had about 30-40 seconds on me but because there were several long straightaways I tried to stay engaged and not let them get too far ahead.

My mile splits were all 1-2 seconds so I was thrilled with the consistency.  I felt good but was surprised to have pulled off a PR. I'm getting better at pushing myself.

17:20
1st for women, 4th overall

I ran with my oldest in the mile run.  He ran a 6:23 and won it and my 7 year old ran a 7:57.  They both prefer other sports to running so I don't push it- but it was fun to see them do well and get excited about it.

No comments: