Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dual purpose training runs: Plumbers crack

My only problem with non runners.

I had 14 on the schedule today. For our house construction I am currently doing all of the plumbing for the water and gas supply. I checked and it was just over 7 to the plumbing supply place. So I decided to get a 2'fer and run out there to order parts and get my miles in also. 1. The route took me through mostly residential areas. I noticed that people seem to be less observant of pedestrians and are less likely to yield. 2. When you show up to a business in running attire you will hear a lot of jokes and sneers. the first guy asks, "Did you run all the way from SLC?". I say "no, just Provo". All the counter guys laugh. I say it was only 7.5 to here. they just look at me with incredulity. What, I saved maybe .5 gallons of gas and didn't add to the air pollution.Non runners really just don't get it. They just think you are a crack!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Love this, it's hilarious and so true! Thanks for the fun story besides the usual race stuff!