Saturday, August 30, 2014

Gruesome Grizzly Dave Taylor - I Got A Rock!

I started out way in front of this one, surprise surprise. But to my surprise I was still in front until halfway up the switchbacks, and then Jason went the wrong way so I was in front again. And at the one mile mark, still in front! Then we turned up the mother hill. I slowed to a walk and Jason and another guy passed me. Then to my shock Amber passed me like she wasn't even on the hill! I think she has been doing hill training. I cut 20 seconds off the ascent time from last year, but it still wasn't enough to make up for my slower start and downhill running so no PR. But Amber went on to pass Jason and win the whole race! Good day for her. I passed the other guy and was gaining on Amber/Jason all the way down but could not seal the deal. But finally, just like Charlie Brown, I got a rock. Woohoo!

No comments: