Monday, May 25, 2015

Live wElle 5k

I did this race last year and it ended up being surprisingly stacked so I was pretty excited to do it again. This was the first time I have ever done any race with Haley (my wife) which gave me another person to cheer on besides myself!

I started out pretty conservative like I always do and caught up to the two leaders after one mile. At this point there was a big head wind so I drafted off them for about 150 meters. Then I started feeling guilty and spineless so I decided to just take the lead and pick up the pace for the second half of the race. I felt pretty strong all the way back and finished first. Unfortunately, they had changed the course because of construction and it was .1 miles long this year, so when I got to the finish line the clock was already in the 17's. I HATE when I don't break 17. Other than that I felt great.

Overall Place: 1st
Time: 17:12 (give or take, the official results aren't up yet).

No comments: