Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Run to Walk 5k - Trevor Baker - 1st Place

Run to Walk 5k
Overall Place -1st
Age Division place - 1st

This race is awesome.  Last year I ran it and loved the purpose of it.  It is put on by a PT clinic that helps kids learn to walk again while functioning with other disabilities, and being a year out from being a PT, I thought it would be a good opportunity to support the cause again.

The goal today was compete and come away with the win.  I figured there would be some local competition and thought Derrick Moody would show up.  Derick has been running excellent as of late so I wasn't sure what to expect.  The first mile he took it out at an honest pace but slower than last year ~5:15, we stayed together through the rest of the race until about 300 to go when I was able to pull away just slightly.

Feels good to actually race again and am excited to dig deep this season and perform at a new level.

No comments: