Friday, July 10, 2015

Lavender Days 2015


Overall Place: 3rd
Division Place: 1st
Time 16:34

I've been waiting to run this race for a while and sadly it was a rough day for me but glad it was such a good experience for everyone else.  I got out of my house late this morning and got to the race and couldn't find my racing flats anywhere.  Come to find out they fell out of my bag in the parking lot before I left home.  Sad.  So that threw me off a little bit, but just figured I'd have to run in my trainers and make it work.

Got to the line and saw Robby and Clark.  The course was great and I started out shadowing a chilean runner who took us through the mile in just under 6.  Clark took a strong lead and pushed the up hill and finni and I worked to catch him over the next 1k.  Finni pulled ahead and I could tell it just wasn't my day.  I fought with what I had but I came up short today for 3rd.  It's been hard getting the training I need and this was pretty discouraging as far as my fitness is concerned.  Every runner needs a good wake up call sometimes though and so i'll consider this mine.  Onwards and upwards and excited that Finni is running so well right now.  Look out!  

Another side note... The Thanksgiving Point Half Marathon featured me in a picture on their website.  More publicity for Runner's Corner again!!!


No comments: